Wednesday, November 02, 2011
Gratitude Day 2 - Governing Principles
Well I'm not one to talk about politics really. I learned this from my mother who, even though she refuses to talk about who she voted for yet gets personalized Christmas cards from the Bush's, says that its rude to discuss politics. I actually find that to be quite true. I am thankful that we live in a democracy. Looking at events that are happening around the world. I am glad that women came before me that fought for the right to vote. I am glad that every citizen has the opportunity to be involved in government in one fashion or the other. I am glad that I don't have to worship God in secret and don't have to be scared of voicing my opinions. There are a lot of things that we complain about here in America, but hearing about other governments, I think we have it pretty good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment