Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Day 1 - Where you live

Well as many of you (eh who am I kidding.. only two people read this blog)... so as two of you know I live in Oklahoma. I am a Texas girl at heart, through and through. I cried when I had to change my driver's license over. That being said, there are some perks to living in Oklahoma. First of all, I get to live with my husband :) since he lives in Oklahoma, it was kind of important that I be here too. Second, there is less traffic. I feel like this is an understatement. When I lived in Houston, I lived 5 miles away from my work but it took me 20 minutes to get there. It now takes me 5 minutes or less to get to work. Its amazing what can be accomplished when you can make it to church in less than 30 minutes. Third, I'm getting to know and appreciate the music scene here in Oklahoma. One of the things I loved about Houston was that there was always a concert going on somewhere. Its getting to be that way here too and I have a lot of friends from college that are in the music scene here so that's cool too. Finally, I have been able to reconnect with some college friends. I get to coach with one of my roommates from college and see her precious little boy grow up. I was here to experience my other roommate's wedding (although she moved away) it was so great to meet her husband and get to know him. I love my friends and love the people they have become. While I miss my family like crazy (CRAZY) and I miss my friends from Houston... I am thankful to be in a place where values are strong and life is a little slower.

No comments: