Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Some Bathroom Humor

I work in an office type setting, and I like to think that I'm pretty up to date on the latest office etiquette. So here's a few tips in case you're not sure how to act in an office setting...

1. Its rude to have inappropriate conversations with your boyfriend while you're in your cubicle. Don't they know that other people can hear them?? Not only is it rude, it should be embarrassing for the person doing it.

2. Don't come around at 5:25 on a Friday expecting to go over a lot of work that was given to you 4 days ago and you're just now getting to. Some of us aren't trying to avoid going home.

3. If you are a receptionist and someone calls for Fred, and you can see that Fred is on the phone, don't go over behind Fred and whisper his name over and over again so you can tell him he has another call. He's on the phone... TAKE A MESSAGE!!

4. Don't touch other people's computer screens. Treat them as sacred.

5. Don't take magazines from the breakroom into the bathroom (this has really happened). You should not need reading material in the office bathroom. A trip to the bathroom at work should always be a short one. And whatever you do, DON'T return the magazines that you took to the bathroom, to the break room... that's just disgusting!!

And this is what I know so far. I thought that these things were common knowledge but after working at this freakshow of a job that I have, I guess its not!!

~Carrie

No comments: