Well a lot of you might not know this, but I take the bus to work almost every day. Its quite an amazing thing since I never rode the bus to school when I was younger, mainly because my mom thought that all trouble started on the bus. Anyway, everyday I get up and go to the bus station (which the rich people call a "Park and Ride" to make themselves feel better). I get on the bus and try to act like an adult. I read some or act like I'm deep in thought about my job or whatever it is that grownups think about. To tell the truth, usually I'm sitting there praying that I don't have a panic attack from the person that is sitting way too close to me and smells like bacon.
Aside from that, I like the bus. I especially like it in the afternoons. One of my favorite things is to sit at the bus stop and just watch people while I wait for my bus. I'll see buses stop and pick people up and then drive on to the next stop. Every once in a while, a bus will stop and let people on and I'll look down the street and there will be a grown man in a business suit running as fast as he can with his arms flailing about as if they were going to fall off. As he looks frantically at the bus and the light, praying that it won't turn green, people at the bus stop start yelling at the bus driver to hold the bus for the crazy running man (not to be confused with the dance move). The man will breeze past me and just make in time to get on and pay before the light turns green and the bus takes off to its next stop.
This always makes me smile, because I feel like man kind has joined together to accomplish a common goal. Then I think "maybe world peace can be achieved, if everyone just treated the world like one giant bus stop."
~Carrie
No comments:
Post a Comment