Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Danielle

After I graduated college, I moved to Houston as fast as I could. I was working for a company in the galleria area. My only coworker was Daniele. At the time, Daniele seemed like a middle aged spinster. Looking back on it, she was probably 30. Daniele was great to go out with. She would strike up a conversation with anyone, and since she was kind of different, they would promptly turn their attention to me. What Daniele was not good at was social cues. Daniele would always assume that any male that was around was always interested in her. Daniele also liked to go out dancing a lot. She would come in the office and say "I went out last night and met a guy and we exchanged numbers. He said he would call and since he hasn't, I've called him four times and left messages." All I could think is "This is how girls get a bad rap and are considered crazy". Daniele was always good for a laugh. Her accent and outlook made her great entertainment for my work day. Here's to you Daniele...

(names have been changed for my protection)

No comments: