Yesterday I went to court. Here is the conversation I had with one short, bleach blond, sweaty, tatted up guy.
Guy: So what'd they get you for? Speeding?
Me: No, expired registration and inspection.
Guy: Why'd you let that happen?
Me: I don't like to deal with anything related to my car
Guy: Surely you have a boyfriend or husband that does that for you.
Me: I don't like to deal with those either.
Guy: Ah c'mon it can't be that bad.
Me: Its about 50-50 and right now is proving to be pretty bad
Guy: (not noticing that I just insulted him) I like to make new friends, maybe we could hang out and be friends?
Me: That is possible, but not really probable.
Guy: (still not noticing that I have insulted him)well maybe I can get your number or you can get mine
Me: Oh my phone just died
Guy: Well I'll get yours
Me: (reluctantly, and looking for a way out of this) ok mine is...(insert fake number)
Guy: And your name?
Me: Carrie, spelled like the movie (evil grin)
Guy: You probably just gave me the number for Jack in the Box
Me: Yes I did
Guy: (still not realizing what I have said) So what do you do for a living?
This talk went on for awhile. I was doing everything I could to avoid eye contact with him and get away from him without losing my place in line. He was standing so close to me and he touched me a couple of times. Ewww... during the course of this time, he implied that we would go out and I would beat him up, that we would have kids together, and that I need to branch out on what I watch on TV. I kept looking for someone to help me out but there was no one there that cared. One guy I think was definitely laughing, and one guy (who turned out to be someone that I knew) was laughing watching the whole thing. My only saving grace was that I was in line two people ahead of him so I took care of my stuff and RAN to my car to get out of there.
3 comments:
This guy is probably writing on his own blog describing what went down. Only in his version he got your real number and you were all over him.
Hmmmmmm - I've never thought about how one could get picked up at court. I'll bet you felt MIGHTY special!!!
He was probably some high powered attorney that was on his lunch break, and you missed out on the most incredible guy ever.
Post a Comment