Tuesday, October 23, 2007

How Long has it been?

Its been forever since I've posted a blog. Well not forever but you get the picture. So here's what's going on with me. (If anyone still reads this). I started teaching. I'm in the middle of my first year of teaching. Its been great so far. I'm finished with my certification class, and I feel so blessed to be at a christian school. Its great to be able to openly talk about God in your classes. I feel like we are able to hold our students to a higher standard and we have documentation to back us up. Also my students are great. They are genuinely good kids. Oh they talk and are late and still try to get out of their homework, but they really do show respect when its needed and they try, which is more than I can say for a lot of places. There are definitely things I don't understand here, such as how kids can just quit sports in the middle of the season without thinking about it. My parents would have never allowed that, but all in all its been good so far. Football season is about to kill. I had forgotten how much I just loved football and when kids that you love are playing it makes it all the worse. They will win, and if they don't, they have given it all they have without backing down and that makes me proud.

In other news, I'm burned out. I'm burned out on people not caring. Adults really. The singles ministry has gotten stale for me. People feel no commitment to it. People make commitments to do things and then drop them for their new boyfriend or girlfriend. And its starting to get to me. I'm starting to get bitter towards people and their choices. Consequently I'm thinking of stopping being involved in singles ministry. No one really feels likes its important so I'm not sure why I do. I really think it might be time to give it up.

So what's new with you??

1 comment:

heather hub said...

i'm burned out on your FACE.