"I thought a lot over the break about how odd it is that family I've loved so much can choose paths that can hurt so much and how it gets to the point where I can't remember what it was like when things were good"
A friend of mine emailed this statement to me after we talked about my Christmas with my family. It might be one of the saddest statements I've ever heard. But it is so true. I love my family. I love them with all my heart. I hate sharing them. I love talking to them and laughing with them and laughing about our craziness. I love each of them for different reasons and for the same reason. My family is crazy and classy. Sometimes I wish I could be one of those people that could move away and just send presents and not ever wonder about my family. But I'm not. I can't be. I want to be around family and I want my family to be joyful and living in accordance to God's will. This Christmas I was reminded that my family is not the same, and won't be the same, and I'm not sure anyone but me really cares. I will continue to fight for my family even when I feel like giving up. I want my legacy to be a good one. I want when I die for people to say that I loved my family and would do anything for them. And above all I loved God.
2 comments:
i'm sorry about your family crap. i really am. but i like your 'tude. dude.
Hi! I ran across your blog and I just wanted you to know I really enjoy your spirit. Family is wonderful and I certainly share in your frustrations, and although it is sometimes hard, we just have to roll with the "changes" and accept people for who they are.
I myself have dabbled in the blog arena in the last few months. Feel free to check it out and give a fellow Houstonian any tips you may have! Take care!
Graham
http://gambro.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment