Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The "Incident"


This is my truck, or was my truck. I actually don't know if it is or was since the insurance hasn't gone through yet. So here's the update... on Thursday I was rushing home real quick to change clothes and head out to the Astros game with Marilee!!! We had awesome seats that my boss had given me since no one else was using them. Well as I turned left into my apartment complex I heard a horn honk and then my airbags deployed... I really have no idea what happened. So now I think that I will be purchasing a new car. The saddest part is that this is the truck that I had all the way through college. I had so many memories involving this truck... so I've decided to list my favorite memories.

1. The day that I got the truck
My mom was out of town because my nephew had just been born and my dad and I went and bought the truck while she was born. My mom still swears to this day that we waited until she went out of town and went behind her back to get it...

2. Rain Dance
This summer is frequented by memories of my vehicle.... moving in when I drove my truck in the grass between the apartment buildings and freaked some drunk guy out, so I could pull right up to the door. Then there was the first time I spilled something in my truck turning out of the rain dance apartments... those apartments were really creepy.

3. Lampasas
Ah the spring ho festival ... what more can I say besides... thanks Hub for cleaning my truck.

4. The comedy club
Nothing goes with Houston than having 5 hispanics stuffed in a little truck pulling up to a five star hotel....

So here's to my truck... all the moving, the nights out, and the drive thrus... I will miss you...

Now I know some of you have fav memories of the truck so c'mon... post em.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just remember buying the mirrors for the truck so we could look at our bright shiny faces whenever the mood struck us...then there was the roommate blowout in the back of the truck at Taco Bell. Thats wasnt necessarily a good thing, but now its funny.

Anonymous said...

I liked it when were driving home from Sherlocks in Houston last august and saw some guy in another truck next to us pleasuring himself while driving drunk on the highway. That was exciting. And made me feel really safe.
-HUB

Anonymous said...

Fun memories with you and your truck:

* Moving in/out of everywhere we lived
* You always parking too close to other cars, and us having to navigate carefully out of compromising positions
* Blasting Pat Green as we drove around A&M
* Josh McVey...hahahaha
* Me spilling things
* The "intervention" with you, me, and Tara in the Taco Bell parking lot
* You almost running out of gas....all the time
* You, Lucas, and your matching vehicles
* You driving me around in Houston traffic when I flew down to visit you
* and, our crowning achievement, Lampassas...and driving to your grandparents' house...

Lots of good stuff, Carrie! You need to update on our "BWE" blog. Hope you had a great Labor Day weekend! - ang

Josh said...

Hey Carrie!
I saw the comment you left on my blog a while back. Good to hear from you. Too bad about your truck. You get a new car yet?